Sunday, April 08, 2007

A New Toy







With the snow all but gone I've decided it's time to learn a new board sport. Well I guess it's not entirely new to me, I skateboarded a few times when I was a kid. But "skateboarding" didn't involve all that much standing on the board; instead it consisted of attaching a child's car seat (with bungee cords!) to the board and cruising around on my butt. I was a cool kid.

But I'm ready to try again. So this morning I got myself a board and gave it a go. Being a snowboarder (a professional snowboarder, none-the-less), skateboarding should be easy. Sadly, it's not. I stumbled all over the place and felt like an idiot. But the good kind of idiot. Tomorrow I'm going to head over to Park City's skate park where I should really have a chance to hurt myself.

No comments: