Sunday, April 01, 2007

Vacation Time!

For the first time since the end of January I had three days off this week. What to do with all that down time? How about a trip to San Francisco? I will always consider Kirkland, Washington as home, but there's no place I'd rather spend a random weekend than in the San Francisco bay area. Between the gorgeous weather, delicious food, and (of course) great friends, a weekend there always makes me happy.

Last week also brought in a surprising end-of-season storm to Park City. Well, surprising for me, at least. After nearly a month of 50 to 60 degree weather, the season was over in my mind. In fact, I was already missing snowboarding, which was a little strange considering I was still snowboarding at the time. Four inches of snow Tuesday and eight more on Wednesday weren't quite enough to completely hide the sheet of hardpack below it, but it was wonderfully refreshing to glide through some fresh snow. Wednesday and Thursday ended up being a couple of my favorite days of the season. And it was a great way for Mother Nature to end the season.

Sadly, the season is winding down in a hurry. I was greeted in Park City this evening by a steady drizzle. Word around the street is that it's been raining all day. If that's true tomorrow is going to a dreadful day on the mountain. But I've only got eight days of work left this season! I think I can power though for two more weeks.

No comments: