Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lounging





Question: what does an international man of leisure do when he needs to recharge? Answer: he spends the summer back at home. I can't say that my life plans ever included being jobless and living at my parents' house at age 27, but that's just the way things go sometimes. And you know what? I'm extremely happy with the way things have turned out so far. I've mentioned it before, but Seattle is still one of my favorite places in the world. The only real downside is that a summer in Seattle hasn't been the most exciting summer ever, so I haven't had much of an excuse to blog. Well that and the fact that we've had the rainiest August ever...

Anyway, fall is quickly approaching, which means it's time to dust off my traveling boots and see where the gods of travel take me. After my adventures last year I promised myself that this year I'd (a) leave the country at least once and (b) voluntarily make myself fear for my life.

You're probably wondering why, oh why would I want to make myself fear for my life? The answer is that I'm not entirely sure, but I know that I feared for my life last year when I went bungee jumping and sky diving. Now they stand as two highlights from 2006 and I'm sure that's not a fluke. But there's only one way to find out for sure.

I'm happy to report that I've got plans plans achieve both resolutions this fall. And, as one would expect, exciting adventures means that I'll have exciting stories to tell, which means I'll have a reason to start telling you all about it.

So ready or not, here we go!

No comments: