Sunday, November 18, 2007

Going Out on a High Note





Last night one of my favorite bands, the Foo Fighters, played in London. An evening with my favorite band sounded like a perfect way to finish my adventures around Europe so I spent some time on ebay.co.uk, trying to get a ticket to the concert. The Foo Fighters are much bigger in Europe (as compared to America) so tickets aren't easy to come by. But I persevered and ended up with a seat. Sure was about about 10 rows from the top of the arena and literally couldn't be much further from the stage, but it didn't matter. The music was loud and the atmosphere was electric.

And the Foo Fighters lived up to the hype. It was an epic performance. At nearly two and a half hours long, the show included a a lot of their older (and louder) stuff. As Dave Grohl (pictured above) explained before launching into another series of vintage songs: "sometimes I just gotta scream my ass off." Which he did. It seems like a good motto for my trip, too. There will be plenty of time to settle down and take care of my "normal" life, but sometimes I just got kick back, do exactly what I want to do, and scream my ass off. Which is what I've been doing for the last two months.

No comments: