Sunday, December 17, 2006

Winter Wonderland!







I know, I know, 3 feet of snow fall in 2 days and the best (and only) picture I have is of my car? Well, it's the first thing I saw walking out of my building this morning, and pictures of trees, buildings, mountains, etc. covered in snow really aren't that impressive. I tried though. I took a bunch of pictures of me laying (and getting covered by) the snow, but there ended up being too much Colin, not enough snow.

So, yes, the snow has finally come. This was probably the deepest snow I've ever snowboarded in, it got to the point where I had to find some "less" powdery places because it's just too hard to snowboard in snow up to your hips. But I won't complain. Plus, a great day in the snow can help ease the highs and lows of the previous days. I'm officially a snowboard instructor now and my first three days have been filled with (a few) highs and (a few more) deep lows. There are details that I don't want to go into now, which is fine cause I've got snow to play in.

Tomorrow is my day off and it was supposed to be the day that I get all my Christmas stuff figured out, do my laundry and all that jazz. Unfortunately, when the snow gods talk, I listen. So I'll be up on the mountain again. True, some Christmas gifts may suffer, but that's the price my friends are going to have to pay so I can enjoy my life a little more. Sorry!

I'm off the gym right now, I'm actually going to snowshoe over there! I feel so Nordic.

No comments: