Sunday, April 01, 2007

Pond Skimming!







One of the most anticipated events of the season took place last weekend: Pond Skimming. It's a yearly event at The Canyons and the premise is fairly simple. Step 1: Get dolled up in your costume of choice; Step 2: attempted to ski or ride across a 100 foot long pool! Out of the 85 contestants, only 5 or so actually made it across. But getting across isn't really the goal, showing off and having a good time are paramount. Fortunately it was sunny, warm, and a great day to hang around the pool. I took a few pictures, and even captured a couple of contestants in motion: Wile E. Coyote, Pac Man, and Disco Stu.

I've added it to my list of things to do next year. I would have gone this year, but I have my excuses! Most important, though is that getting my boots soaking wet would suck. I didn't really feel like spending the next two weeks in wet boots. Next year, though, I'll be ready.

No comments: