Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Blues

Christmas has always been a stressful time for me. Well not Christmas itself, but the month leading up to it. Christmas shopping is like a perfect storm of bad things: big lines, crazy people, and stressing out over finding the "perfect" gifts. I've discovered a couple of new wrinkles this year that make the experience even more exciting. First is shopping in a new town. As a new resident to Park City and Salt Lake City, I have no idea where to find what I'm looking for. And it's not like I even know what I'm looking for. Usually I just wander around hopelessly until I stumble across something that works (hrm, that sounds like a familiar pattern actually, wait for my next post). Unfortunately, it's hard to wander around when you don't know where the good wandering places are.

Fortunately, there's a great fall-back place called the Internet. As someone who has (recently and repeatedly) bought toothpaste, deodorant, and soap online, I'm more than happy to do my Christmas shopping there too. Sadly, the "home" I'm staying in doesn't really have a shipping address. As you might guess, this makes it exceedingly difficult to actually purchase things online. So, I'm being forced to think up drastic new alternatives. On the bright side, I don't really have that many friends, so I don't have that much stuff to buy. :) Still, I can't wait for December 25th, cause then I won't have to worry about it anymore.

No comments: